The Company recognizes that it has a responsibility to develop and implement an editorial policy
which will enable its web-site, to fulfill their role as part of a content provider of choice.
While the Company’s imperative is to drive returns for shareholders, the Directors recognize that the
Website has a duty to their readers, the communities they serve.
The Company also acknowledges that the rights and privileges extended to the content providers & websites by the nation’s political and judicial institutions bring with them a duty to report the
Workings of those institutions fairly and accurately in the public interest.
Fulfillment of this duty will require the website and content developers to appeal to the widest possible cross-section of their communities, to maintain the highest standards and traditions of information and the English language and to provide knowledge of various topics to the readers.
The Company has therefore laid down broad parameters for the type of website it believes will best meet this duty and has developed a set of ethical guidelines for the website to follow.
- The Company requires its content providers to adhere to principles of integrity, balance and fairness in all news & information gathering and presentation.
- The Company expects its website to be probing, skeptical, honest, courageous and forthright.
- Fact and comment should be clearly delineated in all reports. Every possible step should be taken to ensure the accuracy of reports and significant errors should be promptly corrected.
- Any technological alteration of a visual image used on the website must be acknowledged.
- The website should reflect the aspirations of all, with particular regard to the diverse nature of the reading community.
- Any member of the staff / content writer, who accepts any inducement from any third party in relation to the writing or presentation of a report or photograph will be instantly dismissed.
Plagiarism will not be tolerated.